Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Blog-iversary!/Feliz Blog-iverario!

Life has been very busy of late. Graduations, Mother's Day, an upcoming Father's Day, meetings, workshops, birthdays, and the like. Not to mention I'm in the final stretch of school. Despite my recent absence (with my last post being in April), I would not let today go by without acknowledging that it has been exactly one year since I started this blog.

I like to read my old posts, and the first one of course is the most poignant. I created this site as a way to connect to other teachers and my former students. I'd like to think that I have accomplished what I set out to do. By just looking at what posts got the most views, I can see that what I write has reached both audiences.

Here's a list of my most popular blog posts:
1. ACTFL's OPIc Exam
2. La Cocina Colombiana
3. My big fat Irish-Colombian Wedding
4. Advocacy: Spanish Clubs
5. Colombian Christmas: Ano Nuevo

One thing I did not expect is to see that I also have an international audience. Today, when I looked, these were the following countries that had recently viewed my blog.
1. US
2. Germany
3. France
4. Brazil
5. Argentina
6. United Kingdom
7. Japan
8. Philippines

These are my hopes my blog's sophomore year.
1. Give reviews of books and movies I've read
2. Describe some of my best practices from the past year
3. Continue to share what I've learned about Colombia (since it's seems to be pretty popular) and any other country I've gone to

I plan to just work on school stuff this summer so hopefully I can make up for the lack of blog posts from the past few months.

Finally, thanks for your support! Mil gracias!


No comments:

Post a Comment