Thursday, June 14, 2012

One month to Uruguay!!

Well, after months of waiting, I finally received the agenda for my three weeks in Uruguay. It's  packed with so many great activities. Seeing the agenda is making this more real to me. It's fun googling the different places that I am going to be visiting and the hotels that I am going to be staying at. Maybe I shouldn't peek, so it can be more of a surprise, but I can't help it. The internet makes it way too easy. Plus, as anything, seeing things in person is always a different experience than seeing just a picture.

So, what does this agenda include?

1. Orientation - Many of the participants in my program are coming from all different parts of the United States and well, we need to get to know one another first. We also are going to get a crash course in the Uruguayan culture and their educative system.

(And my favorite, a visit to the Embassy!!)

2. Sightseeing - There are so many places scheduled for us to visit that I will just wait until I visit them to make comments.

3. Visit to a ranch - I have never visited a ranch before even here in my own country so I'm really excited. We will be there to have an all-day English Immersion camp for a select group of English teachers who are not part of the program and who could benefit from our visit.

4. Visits to local schools - My host partner has prepared an exciting agenda for me! Basically, I am going to be visiting her classes and interacting with her students as well as visiting other teachers who want to invite me in to their classroom. I know it's going to be a great experience.

This month is going to fly by. Luckily, I have plenty of time to start to prepare my presentations about the U.S., Boston, and our education system. I'm just going to find some nice outdoor cafes with wifi so I can work and still enjoy the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment