Monday, June 11, 2012

Why I am I doing this blog?

So, I have been following different blogs for the past few years now. Recently, I came to the decision that it was a good time to create my own blog.

Why?

1. It's a place for my students to keep in touch with me long after final exams. I have had some amazing students over the past four years, and it's very hard to say goodbye to them (or "adios" in our case) at the end of the year. Sometimes, I never had the chance to do so. {Insert sad face - RIP LGK} This blog is a way for me to keep opening their eyes to the wonderful world of Spanish through thoughts, pictures, and videos of the places I go and the things I do. (I hope this explains the "trips" part of the title.) "Adios" now becomes "hasta pronto".

No matter where my students end up going in the future (or me for that matter), they always know where to find their "Srta". It's the best job in the world, and I thank them for that. {Insert smiley face} I look forward to the day when my students make it big, travel the world, and do things I've always dreamed about. Then, all of this work (both on the blog and in the classroom) will all be worth it.

2. The next reason I chose to do this blog is for the other Spanish teachers who have shared so much with me. I have learned so much from them, and I hope to be able to share my many "tips" with them. Collaborating with other teachers near and far online is such an amazing experience, and I am excited to contribute more to my PLN (professional learning network).

3. Finally, this blog is for me. It is a place for me to archive my journey as a Spanish teacher. I've always wanted to journal my experience as a teacher, and this seems the easiest way to do that.

Although I am not Sra. Toro just yet, I will be soon. I think blogging will help me make the transition from Srta. Berry to Sra. Toro easier. It might appear as if a lot is changing, but in reality, nothing is. I'm still here.

2 comments:

  1. Hi - have found this to be a great resource thanks so much for sharing; I am currently knee deep, on the way to finishing my thesis at the University of Texas-Dallas, which looks at how Latin America/European universities use emerging media platforms to develop relationships and create brand identities. Would love to connect via email and my contact information is available here > LivinLaVidaNewMedia.wordpress.com - thanks very much! And Felicitaciones para su corazon! Your wedding sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks so much for the kind words. I'm very honored that you reached out to me. I'd love to help!

    ReplyDelete